Vitamix blenders have long been renowned for their durability and intuitive useability and are one of the top makers of high performance super blenders. They are widely used in commercial kitchens where chefs demand power, efficiency, speed, and durability. A Vitamix blender will always give a chef or a home cook complete control over texture and consistency when blending.
Vitamix is a privately owned company founded in 1921 and still operating in Ohio. Originally selling kitchen appliances, the focus changed as the founder, William Grover Barnard, became interested in the link between whole food nutrition and health. He called his company The Natural Food Institute and began to produce durable and reliable blending machines which would deliver the full benefits and vitality of whole food nutrition.
The new name Vita – mix, where “vita” means “life” was introduced to showcase the benefits of these new blending machines. The new Vitamix 3600 was introduced in 1969 and was the first blender which could blend ice cream, grind grains, knead dough and make hot soup.
Vitamix machines are still built in the USA.
Vitamix Blender Uses
The whole Vitamix range of blenders have the power and design features to easily and quickly blend whole ingredients and they give you complete control with a simple variable speed dial. They can:
- Blend, juice or puree whole foods without peeling or dicing to make silky smooth purees, raw food juices, smoothies or frozen desserts
- Emulsify the ingredients for dressings or marinades
- Wet chop vegetables and herbs to produce sauces and salsas
- Dry chop ingredient such as cheese or vegetables for salads (onions, carrots, cabbage) as coarse or finely as you choose
- Crush ice to snow in large quantities
- Grind nuts, grains, spices or coffee beans
- Heat as you blend to create hot soup, gravy or syrups
- And then simply use the Self-Clean function
Vitamix Blender Reviews
Read our Vitamix blender reviews to find the model that suits your needs and budget plus find the best places to buy online.
Vitamix Blender Range
From its inception, Vitamix has proudly produced blenders for home cooks. These blenders are famous for completely blending ingredients, the beautiful textures that can be achieved, and the healthful benefits gained from releasing the nutrients from whole foods.
The Vitamix range for home use are high powered and high-performance blenders that allow home cooks to achieve precise control over the texture and flavour of their ingredients and achieve professional results.
Smart System Blenders
Ascent SeriesThe Ascent Blenders are the newest series of Vitamix blenders built specifically for the domestic market. With the future in mind, these blenders have blue tooth connectivity. They have Self-Detect technology which allows the blender to recognise and adjust for the particular container being used. For safety the blender will not start if the container or lid are not correctly secured.
The powerful 2.2 horsepower motor coupled with the sturdy blades and well designed and durable container will quickly and efficiently blend, crush, grind or chop the hardest foodstuffs. They will puree to a perfect silky smoothness. They come with a standard 2.00 litre container and a new clear lid. Different sized containers should be available in Australia soon, including a 1.4 L jar and a 1.4L dry grains container, 0.6 L travel container/cups and 0.3 L small blend and store bowls.
For household use, the Ascent series of Smart Blenders have a whopping 10 year warranty
This range includes:
- Ascent Series A2300i – with a digital timer, variable speed dial and a pulse switch this blender has a RRP of $895
- Ascent Series A2500i – has the addition of three programs: Smoothies, Hot Soup and Frozen Desserts, a variable speed dial, pulse function and has a RRP of $1195
- Ascent Series A3500i – has added more programs to give 5 programs: Smoothies, Hot Soup, Frozen Dessert, Dips & Spreads plus a Self-Clean program. It has touchscreen controls and a RRP of $1495
These are the Vitamix blenders that have been esteemed by cooks for generations. They are still available today and so are additional various sized containers, including 1.4 lire, 0.9 litre and a special 0.9 litre Dry Grains container. C and G series containers are interchangeable.
Classic C Series or Traditional Series
With the tried and true Vitamix 2 horsepower motor, there are 3 models available in Australia. They have a 7 year warranty.
- Total Nutrition Centre – has a variable speed control, a 2 litre capacity and comes in four colours, Red, White, Black or brushed Stainless, and has a RRP of $895
- Professional Series 500 – has a variable speed dial, pulse feature, 2.00 litre capacity and three programs: Smoothies, Frozen Desserts, Hot Soups 1095 and a RRP of $1095
- Aspire – this model is exclusive to Costco, has a 10 speed dial, a standard container with a capacity of 1.4 litres and has a RRP of $895
Classic G Series or Next Generation Series
This series of Vitamix blenders was introduced in 2012 and featured the new and improved 2.2 horsepower motor that is built in Sweden exclusively for Vitamix. They are easier to store because they are not as high as the C series as they feature a lower profile 2.00 litre container. Additional containers are available. All G Serries Vitamix blenders have a 7 year warranty.
- Professional Series 300 – has a variable speed dial and pulse function, comes in cream or red, has a standard 2.00 litre low profile container, and has a RRP of $995
- Professional Series 750 – comes with five pre-programmed settings: Smoothie, Frozen Dessert, Hot Soup, Puree plus a Self-Clean program, a variable speed dial and Pulse function, is available in brushed stainless steel and has a RRP of $1495
Space Saving Blenders
The S series of Vitamix blenders only has one contender so far.
- S30 – is a smaller blender which comes with a 1.2 litre container and a 600 ml double-walled beverage cup. The motor is smaller, 950 W, and although this blender is made to quickly blend smaller amounts of food, it still has the features and advantages of a Vitamix. The Vitamix S30 has a variable speed control and comes with a 7 year warranty.
Commercial & Business Blenders
Today Vitamix offer a wide range of commercial beverage blenders and commercial food preparation blenders which are renowned in the hospitality industry. These have up to 4.2 horsepower motors and capacities of up to 5.6 litres and are designed to produce commercial quantities of food and drinks.